|MASTERVUE SYSTEM SOFTWARE|
VERSION A12.2 (Date: 04/2006)
The software update improves overall system integrity and is required in order to install third-party applications such at Paragon's CRT Corneal Refractive Therapy software module.
- Topographer Models 991, 992, 993, or 995 only.
- MasterVue Version A10.1 or later or G8 (German Language Version)
- 7 formatted 3.5" floppy disks.
- A minimum of 10 MB disk space on your PC.
NOTE: If you are unable to transfer files to 3.5" floppy disks, contact
US: Call Carl Zeiss Meditec Customer Service at (877) 486-7473.
International: Search contacts
Installation Instructions on your PC:
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Select Save to save the program to disk.
- Run the .exe file that you saved.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create the floppy installation disks.
Installation Instructions on your Topographer:
- Make sure you have a current backup of your patient data before proceeding with this section.
- Installation of version A12.2 over version G8 requires that the user install using the Windows® "Start/Run" command.
- From the Main Menu select Utilities.
- On the Utilities form select Install.
- Insert MasterVue Disk 1 of 7 into drive a: and then select OK.
- The following message will appear: "Windows will restart now. MasterVue Setup will continue after system reboots"
- Select OK.
- After the system reboots, the following message will appear: "Select the language for this installation from the choices below"
- Select English or Deutsch and the OK button.
- The MasterVue System software will prepare the InstallShield wizard and begin the setup process.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation with disks 2 through 7.
- The following message will appear: "Optional module software can be installed using the Install button on the Utilities Screen."
- The following message will appear: "The setup will now exit and restart Windows. Please remove the setup diskette from the drive. If the system fails to restart properly, you may need to turn off power and on again to continue."
- Remove the disk and select OK.